Beautiful, two-acre urban park designed by renowned landscape architect Peter Walker surrounded by high-rise office buildings and residences in the heart of downtown
We encourage you visit this beautifully renovated Downtown oasis. Downtown Fort Worth’s new backyard, Burnett Park, is centrally located between West 7th, 10th, Cherry and Lamar Streets. This fabulous Downtown green space is available by reservation for private functions, fitness activities, birthday parties, family reunions, corporate events and festivals! The park can accommodate events of up to 2,000 people.
In 2009-2010, the park underwent a renovation designed by renowned landscape architect, Peter Walker. Walker was the architect of record for the last Burnett Park award-winning renovation in 1984. The most recent renovation was made possible with funding from the Burnett Foundation. Downtown Fort Worth, Inc. (DFWI), which has managed the park since 1985, coordinated the redesign process in cooperation with the City of Fort Worth. Additional funding was provided by Behringer Harvard and the US General Services Administration.
Land for the park was originally deeded to the city in 1919 by Samuel Burk Burnett, founder of the 6666 Ranch and a prominent Fort Worth leader. He gave the park to the City in honor of his children. An inscription on a monument wall entering the park reads as follows:
I, S. B. Burnett, do hereby give unto the City of Fort Worth, this land for the purpose of creating a place of recreation in the very heard of the city. As a public park and particularly for relief against the heat of our summers, and as a resting spot for tired mothers and their children….
The park has been renovated and updated several times over the decades and currently includes a monumental sculpture, play areas, granite walkways crossing through a lush green lawn and shady areas to enjoy the outdoors in the 3 acre space. The park features a "great lawn" for concerts and other events, unique playground equipment for children, enhanced lighting, updated landscaping, and moveable bistro-style tables and chairs.
Burnett Park Reviews:
- "The Arthritis Foundation held our 23rd Annual Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis at Burnett Park in December 2014. Leading up to the event, Becky and Allison were so supportive and willing to answer any questions I had, since it was a new event for me, and a brand new location for the event. On the day of, Allison was there to meet us early in the morning, helped me trouble shoot, and be a support to me and my event committee. The park itself was such a wonderful venue to hold our 5K. It was a nice, intimate setting, and it really lent itself to a community event. Our sponsors and vendors were able to be close together, which encouraged our participants to engage with them. We got such wonderful feedback from our participants about being able to be in the heart of downtown Ft. Worth and still have a community feel. Because of the nature of the foundation, there are participants who are children and adults with arthritis, and walking or standing for too long can be difficult. The venue was small enough, and the park provided really nice sitting areas, that participants were able to take breaks and limit the amount of activity to a level their comfortable with during the event. I was so impressed with the amount of support from the Downtown Ft. Worth Inc. staff, and would recommend Burnett Park without hesitation to anyone who’s looking for a venue for an athletic event."
- "The Burnett Park experience was great! Very nice park, quiet, a good amount of shade and no unwanted visitors. DFWII provided great help and guidance along the way. We have worked with 5 parks in the past and I must say, Burnett Park was one of the best!"
- "We thought everything went great! It was really nice having the maintenance staff come and help us out. Overall good experience working with DFWI"
- “Burnett Park, and Plaza, was the perfect space for the inaugural ‘Climb for a Calling.’ Staff at Downtown Fort Worth Inc. were extremely helpful in setting this event up and were truly excited to see the success of this first-time event. Burnett Park is a great space for any type of outdoor event with the added benefit of being so close to everything downtown!”
Nov 23 2015
- Free WiFi:
- Allison Wright, DFWI Marketing and Projects Manager