810 Main Street View on Google Maps
Fort Worth, TX 76102
On this site stood the Tea Room of King Candy Co. which opened in 1922. This was the public face of King Candy Co., founded in 1906 by John P. King. He built a large manufacturing plant on E. 9th in 1910 that employed a workforce of mostly young women who turned out chocolates under the slogan "King's Candy for American Queens." It was the first chocolate-manufacturing plant in the south.
This Trail Marker is sponsored by the Fash Foundation.