111 E 4th Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
View on Google Maps
Fort Worth's transportation drastically changed in the late 19th century. By 1889, horses and mule-drawn cars had been replaced by the first electric trolley line in the entire Southwest. Interurban service between Fort Worth and Dallas began in July 1902 and transported passengers for 32 years. In 2001, the Trinity Railway Express re-introduced daily commuter rail service between the cities.
This Trail Marker is sponsored by Fort Worth Transportation Authority.