1515 Commerce Street View on Google Maps
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Texas A&M Fort Worth results from years of visioning, planning, and effective advocacy.
This remarkable addition to Downtown Fort Worth began with the Law School leadership's vision of an expanded academic model where legal education intersects multiple TAMU disciplines, local industry, and economic development goals.
Working with Texas A&M University, DFWI commissioned studies that detail the Fort Worth/TAMU opportunities and clarify the advantages to the system, the university, Fort Worth, and Tarrant County.
During the pandemic, A&M presented the studies to Fort Worth Now (FWN), and FWN immediately recognized that an A&M expansion would be a significant opportunity for both the City and County. FWN's focused advocacy for the project, led by John Goff, and TAMU's embrace of the vision have led to the creation of the Fort Worth-Tarrant County Innovation Partnership, the A&M/City-County/public-private partnership working to make that vision a reality.
Click here to view the Fort Worth Academic Anchor Strategy - Initial Findings & Concept Vision
Click here to view the Fort Worth & Tarrant County Opportunity and Needs Assessment Presented to Texas A&M for the A&M Innovation Campus in Fort Worth
Many thanks to the following organizations and individuals for their early leadership and generous financial support of the Academic Anchor Strategy and the Opportunity and Needs Assessment.
Bank of America
City of Fort Worth
Downtown Fort Worth, Inc.
Fort Worth Now
Greater Fort Worth Real Estate Council
Jetta Operating Company
Kelly Hart & Hallman LLP
North Texas Community Foundation
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel
Visit Fort Worth
In the News
- Study: Fort Worth, San Antonio, Austin ranked high on list of downtown districts recovering from pandemic shut down Friday, Mar 10, 2023
- Major investment and large-scale projects attracting national attention to Fort Worth Wednesday, Mar 1, 2023
- Texas A&M beefs up budget with $65M for Fort Worth expansion Friday, Feb 10, 2023
- Texas A&M nearly doubles budget for first Fort Worth building Thursday, Feb 9, 2023
- Fort Worth’s Need For Urban Housing on The Upswing with Texas A&M Expansion Thursday, Feb 2, 2023
- Texas A&M-Fort Worth could mean more jobs, a stronger workforce and lower taxes Friday, Jan 27, 2023
- Texas A&M to Build Research Campus in Fort Worth Monday, Jan 23, 2023
- Texas A&M-Fort Worth already makes impact on local economy Sunday, Jan 22, 2023
- Texas A&M’s downtown research complex gets a name: Texas A&M-Fort Worth Friday, Jan 20, 2023
- Kimbell Art Museum Shop in the Omni Fort Worth1300 Houston Street (805 feet W)
- Peter Bros. Hats909 Houston Street (0.3 miles NW)
- Barber's Bookstore901 Throckmorton Street (0.3 miles NW)
- Neighbor's House500 W 7th Street Suite 175 (0.5 miles NW)
- Camelia Farm Flora500 W 7th Street Suite 175 (0.5 miles NW)
- Chef's Table at Sheraton Fort Worth1701 Commerce Street (527 feet SE)
- Acre Distilling1309 Calhoun Street (542 feet N)
- Ashton Depot1501 Jones Street (551 feet NE)
- Bob's Steak & Chop House1300 Houston Street (747 feet W)
- Water Horse Pool Bar1300 Houston Street (773 feet SW)
- Commerce Street Garage1301 Commerce Street (313 feet N)
- Parking Company of America1105 Calhoun Street (1014 feet NW)
- Convention Center Garage / Houston Street Garage1200 Houston Street (1042 feet W)
- Lot 9021207 Calhoun Street (0.2 miles NW)
- Lot 9361027 Calhoun Street (0.2 miles N)