100 Energy Way View on Google Maps
Fort Worth, TX 76102
The city closed on the purchase of the former Pier 1 Imports headquarters building, at 100 Energy Way on January 27, 2021. The purchase price was $69.5 million, and renovations will bring the total estimated project budget to $100 million. Renovations will include constructing new public meeting spaces and reconfiguring offices. The cost of purchasing and renovating the tower will save the City of Fort Worth, including taxpayers, over $100 million compared to the initial plan to build a new City Hall. The purchase will also allow the City to move into the building sooner compared to the initial 2028 projection.
The City plans to occupy the vacant space ~ 260,000 square feet within the 20-story property, which overlooks the Trinity River and is located to downtown Fort Worth and West Seventh Street. Existing tenants will remain in place, with additional plans to relocate the Fort Worth City Hall into the building in 2022.
An interdepartmental steering team of city employees will guide visioning, programming and transition for the new City Hall, current City Hall and several other city-owned and leased buildings in Downtown and Near Southside.
In the News
- Plans for the Future City Hall in Fort Worth, TX Monday, Jul 18, 2022
- What does Sundance Square have planned for downtown? Some of it is already happening Sunday, Jul 18, 2021
- Downtown Fort Worth To Go Dark To Help Save Migrating Birds Monday, Mar 15, 2021
- 'Lights Out': Downtown Fort Worth turning off lights overnight to try and save birds' lives Monday, Mar 15, 2021
- JLL announces close of Pier 1 Tower sale to Fort Worth for new City Hall Wednesday, Feb 24, 2021
- The Pier 1 tower will soon be Fort Worth’s new City Hall. Here’s what it looks like Tuesday, Feb 2, 2021
- Fort Worth City Council Celebrates Purchase of Former Pier 1 Building for New City Hall Tuesday, Feb 2, 2021
- Fort Worth closes on new City Hall building Tuesday, Feb 2, 2021
- Fort Worth’s purchase of Pier 1 tower for City Hall seen as a ‘win-win’ Sunday, Dec 6, 2020
- Fort Worth plans to move City Hall to one of downtown’s most well known buildings. Wednesday, Dec 2, 2020
- Commentary: Remembering Marvin Girouard and Pier 1 Imports Sunday, Jul 12, 2020
- Pier 1 Imports cuts most of Fort Worth headquarters staff, reduces pay for others Wednesday, Mar 25, 2020
- Burns & McDonnell Meets Growth Needs With Fort Worth Office Expansion Tuesday, Sep 24, 2019
- These projects will bring thousands of new residents to downtown Fort Worth by 2022 Monday, Aug 26, 2019
- Council Report: Members hear briefing on possible 19-story high-rise development Tuesday, Aug 20, 2019
- Ulrich Barn Builders relocating HQ to Fort Worth's Pier 1 building Monday, Sep 17, 2018
- CBRE Negotiates Sale of Pier 1 Headquarters Building in Fort Worth Tuesday, Aug 21, 2018
- California investment group snaps up iconic downtown Fort Worth landmark Friday, Aug 17, 2018