School and business leaders to discuss Fort Worth's future at June 25 virtual summit
See full City of Fort Worth article here.
Fort Worth ISD Superintendent Kent P. Scribner, Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price and TCC Chancellor Eugene Giovannini will join business and industry leaders at the June 25 virtual summit, “Fort Worth: Where the Best Begins.”
The summit is part of a partnership between the Fort Worth ISD, Tarrant County College and the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce to better understand how education and industry can work together to meet the workforce needs in a post-COVID 19 world.
Scribner, Price and Giovannini will be panel headliners at the summit. Joining them will be:
- Fort Worth Metropolitan Black Chamber of Commerce President and CEO DeVoyd Jennings.
- Lockheed Martin Director for HR Economic Opportunities & Resources Jon Gustafson.
- Medical City Fort Worth Chief Medical Officer Dr. Terry Loftus.
- Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce CEO Brandom Gengelbach.
- Dig Contracting Owner Dante Williams.
- Cisneros Restaurants Inc. President Vicki Cisneros.
- Fort Worth Hispanic Chamber of Commerce President/CEO Anette Landeros.
- Bell Director of Workforce Planning and Strategy Cara Lundquist.
This citywide summit comes on the heels of eight industry-focused virtual discussions – or mini-summits – held June 2-4 that became the foundation for this culminating event. The individual sessions focused on aviation and aerospace; transportation, both distribution and logistics; hospitality and culinary; IT and cybersecurity business; small businesses: the construction industry: general business; and health care.
Organizers from the FWISD, TCC and the Chamber listened as business leaders shared stories of how this pandemic has impacted their businesses. As participants listened to each other, it became evident that now is the time to strengthen existing partnerships and create new ones to ensure a successful future for Fort Worth.
“We did our homework, and we will incorporate the ideas and feedback from industry leaders,” Scribner said. “We are eager to continue this conversation toward developing a dynamic and prepared Fort Worth workforce that is homegrown.”
The “Fort Worth: Where the Best Begins” virtual summit will take place at 1:30 p.m. June 25. Register online. The summit can be viewed on the FWISD’s YouTube channel and Spectrum Channel 192.