Sundance Square launches search for Next Big Idea
See full City of Fort Worth article here.
The owners of Sundance Square have launched a competition to find passionate entrepreneurs who have the Next Big Idea and want to turn their dream of a brick-and-mortar store into a reality.
As COVID and other economic factors devastated small businesses across the country, Sundance Square CEO Sasha C. Bass and her team looked for ways to support Fort Worth’s creative small-business community. Their idea: work with entrepreneurs to help the community thrive.
Sundance Square is partnering with local small-business owners to create brick and mortar storefronts in the center of downtown Fort Worth. A pilot program of storefront businesses — including Cary O’Keefe Jewelers, Urban Plantology and Coleccion Mexicana — has been a success. And Union Station, a new record/urban wear store, opened just this month. Now, Sundance Square is ready to build on those successes by expanding the initiative.
“Sundance Square was built on creativity and opportunity,” founder Ed Bass said. “The Next Big Idea initiative will build on these same traits and help launch a cohort of talented entrepreneurs into new endeavors.”
Sundance Square is accepting applications from entrepreneurs who demonstrate a sustainable business concept that will contribute to the dynamic, inclusive community in Sundance Square.
Sundance Square seeks:
- Engaged entrepreneurs and artisans with passion and excitement for their idea.
- Businesses that will make a positive contribution to Sundance Square.
- An affection for Fort Worth and an interest in joining the Sundance Square business community.
For the chosen applicants, Sundance Square will offer:
- A one-year lease to a prime downtown location with a rent structure designed to help the business thrive in its new space.
- Opportunities to participate in other Sundance initiatives, such as plaza events and social media campaigns.
- Support team such as basic janitorial, 24-hour security, interior design consulting and marketing consulting.
- Potential access to seed money for space buildout.
- A built-in customer base.
The current round of applications will be accepted until April 18. Entrepreneurs can apply online.
Location Mentioned: Sundance Square Plaza