8 Reasons To Make Fort Worth, Texas Your Next Weekend Getaway
SEE FULL TRAVEL AWAITS ARTICLE BY ROBERT ROSENTHAL HERE.
f you search for a list of United States cities by population, you might be surprised to discover that Fort Worth, Texas, is the 13th-largest city in the nation. The cities listed directly behind Fort Worth are perhaps the biggest surprise, however. Here’s the current order according to the Census Bureau’s 2018 population estimates:
13. Fort Worth, Texas
14. Columbus, Ohio
15. San Francisco, California
16. Charlotte, North Carolina
17. Indianapolis, Indiana
18. Seattle, Washington
19. Denver, Colorado
20. Washington, D.C.
If you look at the statistics for major metropolitan areas, many of those “smaller” cities gain a lot of population. But, given its proximity to Dallas, so does Fort Worth. Combined (along with the outlying suburbs), the two cities make up the fourth-largest metropolitan area in the country, behind New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
With that in mind, you won’t be surprised to hear that Fort Worth offers more than a few things to do. Here are eight reasons to make the Texas city your next weekend destination.
1. It’s Home To The World-Famous Fort Worth Stockyards
2. It’s Got A Vibrant Downtown
3. There’s A Museum That Honors Cowgirls
4. You Can Try Some Authentic Texas Barbecue
5. The Craft Beer Scene Is Thriving
6. Its Outdoor Fountain Is Architecturally Significant
7. The Golfing Is Great
8. Its Magnolia Avenue Is A Modern Neighborhood At Its Best