An update from Trinity Metro regarding COVID-19
Reposted from Trinity Metro
Tarrant County and the City of Fort Worth issued stay-at-home orders calling for all residents to stay at home to help fight the spread of COVID-19. The orders went into effect at 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, March 24. Click here to view order.
What does this mean for Trinity Metro services?
Our services are essential to many Tarrant County residents who rely on Trinity Metro to access health care, food and medicine. This includes many first responders, healthcare professionals and essential workers who use our services daily to get to their jobs. Our top priority is to help safeguard our customers and employees while we continue to meet the mobility needs in Tarrant County. To reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure, we have enhanced our cleaning regimen and have implemented temporary service adjustments. Click here to view schedule.
Social Distancing on Board
To assist with social distancing, Trinity Metro is asking customers to board and exit all buses through the rear door. Passengers who use wheelchairs will board at the front to access the ramp. To help minimize the amount of contact between operators and customers as well as conductors and riders, we are offering free rides on all Trinity Metro buses, ACCESS paratransit and TEXRail. When on board, please observe the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other passengers at this time.
Trinity Metro customers, partners and employees are reminded to protect their health and the health of others by practicing the following recommended precautions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. This is especially important before eating, after going to the bathroom, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
For more information on symptoms and prevention, please visit the CDC’s website.
For questions regarding Trinity Metro's precautionary measures in response to COVID-19 or Trinity Metro's services, please contact our customer care department at 817-215-8600.