Fort Worth Municipal Court hearings, trials and jury service canceled through April 3 due to COVID-19 concerns
See full City of Fort Worth article here.
As a result of the COVID-19 concerns, the Fort Worth Municipal Court is rescheduling all defendants, jurors and witnesses set for a hearing or trial from March 16-April 3. Court locations will remain open to the public during regular business hours.
Defendants, jurors and witnesses will receive a written notice advising them of the new date, time and location of the hearing, trial or jury service.
COVID-19 prevention tips
Although there is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19, the best way to prevent infection is to take these precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.