‘Polar Express’ free holiday concert series around Fort Worth put on by The Cliburn
See full Fort Worth Star-Telegram article by Matt Leclercq here.
The Cliburn is putting on a series of free holiday piano concerts based on “The Polar Express.”
The Cliburn in the Community performances by pianists Mikhail Berestnev and Sara Doan will feature their take on Chris Van Allsburg’s classic story, taking audiences on “a magical musical journey to the North Pole to visit Santa’s home where you can re-discover the wonder and spirit of the holidays.”
The concerts run Dec. 6-18 at several public venues in partnership with Fort Worth Public Library and other local nonprofit organizations. The shows are free, and no tickets are required.
The program includes selections from “The Nutcracker,” Josh Groban’s “Believe,” and the classic “Sleigh Ride.”
- Tuesday, Dec. 6: 6 p.m. at Reby Cary Youth Library, 3851 E. Lancaster Ave.
- Wednesday, Dec. 7: 6 p.m. in Burnett Park, 501 W. Seventh St., with Downtown Fort Worth Inc.
- Tuesday, Dec. 13: 6 p.m., Northwest Library, 6228 Crystal Lake Drive.
- Friday, Dec. 16: 6:30 p.m. with Spanish presentation by Adriana Morales, and 7:30 p.m. in English, Artes de La Rosa Cultural Center for the Arts, 1440 N. Main St.
- Sunday, Dec. 18: 5 p.m., White’s Chapel, 185 S. White Chapel Blvd., Southlake
An additional performance will take place in partnership with Presbyterian Night Shelter.
Cliburn in the Community is presented by The Stayton at Museum Way. Additional support for Cliburn in the Community is provided by the Texas Commission on the Arts.
Location Mentioned: Burnett Park