Valentine’s Day, part 2: rack of elk, lobster or a dinner with a piano concert
See full Fort Worth Star-Telegram article by Bud Kennedy here.
If you haven’t made Valentine’s reservations yet, it’s getting late.
The prime steakhouses are mostly booked. Try the Stockyards steakhouses.
(Sigh — only in Fort Worth is steak considered romantic.)
Here are some additions to the list of Valentine’s offers published last week, now all online at star-telegram.com:
▪ On West Magnolia Avenue, Lili’s Bistro is serving a special menu Feb. 14-15, priced a la carte.
The entrees ($42-$45) include sea bass, a filet and a roasted rack of elk. There’s also a long list of regular entrees ($18-$38), such as petit beef Wellington, steaks, chops and veggie options, such as a quinoa-stuffed roast poblano.
Lili’s is at 1310 W. Magnolia Ave., 817-877-0700, lilisbistro.com.
▪ The Magdalena’s monthly pop-up dinner is booked, but chef Juan Rodriguez is also promoting a special Valentine’s dinner in the Steinway Piano Gallery in downtown Fort Worth.
Chef Baxter McDonald is serving a three-course $125 dinner to the music of pianist Sara Doan.
The published menu includes mushroom ravioli, poached lobster, veal shank ragu and a choice of desserts, such as red velvet cheesecake or dark chocolate ganache; 510 Commerce St., 817-665-1853.
▪ The new downtown steakhouse, Wicked Butcher in the Sinclair Hotel, is serving a $75 dinner featuring a 12-ounce dry-aged ribeye, steak-and-king-crab, salmon, chicken or a pork chop.
Desserts include black cherry creme brulee, bourbon caramel cake or chocolate ganache; 512 Main St., 682-231-8214, wickedbutcher.com.
▪ On Crockett Row, Stirr is serving a $40 dinner featuring tenderloin with kung pao lobster, redfish with lump crab or chicken with portobello; 3028 Crockett St., 817-770-0947, stirrrestaurants.com.
▪ It’s not fancy, but Fireside Pies is cozy and it’s offering a $35-per-person combo that includes a pizza, appetizer, salad and a bottle of wine; 2949 Crockett St., 817-769-3590, firesidepies.com.
▪ In Clearfork, CRÚ Food & Wine Bar is offering a four-course $60 dinner featuring filet mignon, rosemary rack of lamb, scallops or sea bass.
Desserts include chocolate mousse, creme brulee or molten chocolate cake for dessert; 5188 Marathon Ave., 817-737-9463, cruwinebar.com.
▪ In Weatherford, Fire Oak Grill offers a $75 dinner featuring filet mignon, an herb-stuffed chicken breast or a salmon-scallop dish; 114 Austin Ave.. 817-598-0400. fireoakgrill.com.
Generally, the best Valentine’s availability is at Istanbul Grill & Bar, Lucile’s Stateside Bistro, Stirr, Michaels Cuisine, Taverna Pizzeria and Risotteria, Risckys Steakhouse and Buffalo West.